By David Rouse
Published in Sports on January 27, 2004 2:00 PM
The winter weather conditions have forced postponements in both high school and collegiate sports schedules in the area.
All of the prep basketball games and wrestling matches scheduled for tonight have been postponed. Only one -- Charles B. Aycock's basketball game in which the Falcons will host Kinston -- has been rescheduled as of press time.
The Aycock -- Kinston game will be held Wednesday, with the varsity girls game scheduled for 6 p.m. and the boys match at 7:30. The JV boys will begin at 4:30 p.m.
Mount Olive College was still scheduled to play its postponed basketball games against St. Andrews this evening at College Hall. The games were postponed on Monday when St. Andrews' teams were unable to travel from Laurinburg.
The women were scheduled to tip-off at 5:30 p.m. and the men at 7:30.
Fans planning to attend the game should watch for possible cancellation on the MOC athletics website at www.moc.edu/athletics.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series