Prep girls basketball roundup
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on January 30, 2004 2:00 PM
Blue Devils hold off Rams
DEEP RUN -- Nicole Corn drained four critical free throws in the final minute as South Lenoir stopped Greene Central 56-48 in a Class 2-A Eastern Plains Conference contest Thursday.
The Rams closed the gap to 50-48 with a 13-5 run, but couldn't get any closer.
Teketia May emerged Greene Central's top scorer with 17 points, while Brianna Stanton chipped in 13. The Rams (6-13) completed the first half of EPC play at 1-4 heading into tonight's game at North Pitt.
South Lenoir (12-7, 2-3) faces North Lenoir today.
GREENE CENTRAL (6-13, 1-4 EPC)
Teketia May 17, Brianna Stanton 13, April Jones 6, Fernanda Brown 6, Deandra Tyson 3, Natasha Williams 2, Shennika King 1.
SOUTH LENOIR (12-7, 2-3)
Nicole Corn 17, Tanika Jones 13, Elizabeth Turner 11, Kari Ham 6, Molly Pollock 4, Erin PIke 5.
Brogden 38, Rosewood 18 -- Jamika Allen led the victorious Rams with a double-double -- 18 points and 16 rebounds. Shaterra Neely added 12 points and dished out eight assists. Mary Jo Moore paced Rosewood's offense with 13 points. Brogden (14-0) claimed the Wayne County Middle School Athletic Conference Division I title with an 8-0 mark.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series