Smith's 73 paces CBA golfers
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on March 5, 2004 1:56 PM
CBA's Smith medals in win
WILSON -- Dustin Smith carded a 1-over par 73, leading Charles B. Aycock past Wilson Beddingfield 302-348 in a non-conference match contested Thursday at Wedgewood Golf Course.
Jonathan Burke completed Smith's effort with a 74. Teammates Ryan Campbell and Ryan Walderman carded sub-80 rounds of 76 and 79. Will Vinson also participated in the match.
Brandon Davis led Beddingfield with an 81.
"I was very pleased," Aycock coach Gary Hales said. "The guys did a good job."
The Golden Falcons return to action next Tuesday in the first Class 3-A Eastern Carolina Conference match of the season at Walnut Creek.
Greene Central survives S. Central
GREENVILLE -- Colby Murphy emerged the medalist with a 41 in a non-conference, nine-hole match against South Central at the Greenville Country Club.
Daniel Creech finished one stroke behind Murphy. Fellow Rams Brandon Jones and Blake Sutton added scores of 45 and 46, respectively.
Nick Edgerton led South Central with a 43.
Greene Central travels to Ayden Country Club next Monday afternoon.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series