Hawks' offense soars in second half
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on March 7, 2004 2:00 AM
WILSON -- North Lenoir's Haley Bright notched two goals as the Hawks claimed a 2-1 win at Wilson Beddingfield on Friday.
The score was knotted at 0-0 at the half, but the Lady Hawks got on the board six minutes into the half when Bright scored on an assist from Elizabeth Foye.
Beddingfield answered at the 23 minute mark when Kendall Liner converted a penalty kick to tie the score at 1-1.
With a minute left, Bright scored the game-winning goal to give North Lenoir the victory.
Beddingfield (0-3) will play North Johnston at 5 p.m. at Wilson Hunt in the first round of the Wilson Daily Times Soccer Cup on Tuesday.
North Lenoir plays host to Kinston on Tuesday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series