Prep golf roundup
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 10, 2004 1:56 PM
VANCEBORO -- North Carolina recruit Ryan Holler carded a 1-under par 71 and earned medalist honors as West Carteret edged Charles B. Aycock by two strokes in a Class 3-A Eastern Carolina Conference golf.
The Patriots recorded a four-player total of 315, followed by the Golden Falcons with 317.
Eastern Wayne finished third at 337.
Washington was fourth at 352, followed by Southern Wayne (359), Kinston (360), South Central (361) and West Craven (422).
Individual totals for the county players were not available.
Southern Wayne (3-9, 3-4 ECC) travels returns to action Thursday at the Greenville Country Club. The Saints will compete against county rival Eastern Wayne and host J.H. Rose.
eases past Cresset
Clark Rose turned in a medal-winning round of 42, leading Wayne Christian to a season-opening 174-189 victory against Cresset Christian of Durham on the Walnut Creek Country Club links.
Jonathan Greene provided a 43 for the Eagles, who return their entire team from a year ago. Matt Davis and Chad Smith rounded out Wayne Christian's four-player total with scores of 44 and 45, respectively.
Eric Williams and Andrew Radford also participated in the non-conference match.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series