Aycock advances to WDT finals
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 11, 2004 1:57 PM
WILSON -- For the second time in two days, Charles B. Aycock's girls soccer team topped a Wilson County school as they defeated Wilson Beddingfield 3-0 on Wednesday in the semifinals of the Wilson Daily Times Soccer Cup.
The Lady Golden Falcons will try to make it a Wilson County sweep on Friday as they take on Wilson Fike in the championship game on Friday at 7 p.m. at the Demons' field.
Lizzie Sodoma got Aycock on the board near end of the first half, while Nicole Taylor tallied two second-half goals as the Falcon defense went on to post its second shutout of the young season.
"We did a good job of marking up Katie Liner (Hunt's leading scorer). We used three different girls to keep her out of the ball game -- Logan Skelton, Cassi Gray and Brandy Mariner," Aycock coach John Fiddler said. "Anytime we can shut somebody out we are happy."
Fike was a 3-0 winner over Greenfield School in the other semifinal game.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series