Eagles drop Trinity-Greenville
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 11, 2004 1:59 PM
Wayne Christian's Jeffrey Barfield had two hits and drove in two runs as the Eagles won 9-2 over Trinity Christian of Greenville in a five-inning game, called due to darkness.
Wayne Christian improved to 2-0 on the season heading into Thursday's game at Community Christian in Wilson.
The Eagles' Tyler Thomas struck out 10 Trinity batters in four innings and allowed two runs on just two hits to pick up the win. Kyle Pender tossed a scoreless fifth in relief for Wayne Christian. The two hurlers combined for 12 strikeouts.
Trinity-Greenville 000 20x x -- 2 2 0
Wayne Christian 120 60x x -- 9 8 2
Leading hitters -- Wayne Chrstian -- Jeffrey Barfield 2-3, 2 RBI.
IP H R ER BB SO
Justin Willoughby 4 7 9 7 9 9
Bobby Stallings 1 1 0 0 1 1
Tyler Thomas 4 2 2 1 3 10
Kyle Pender 1 0 0 0 1 2
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series