MOC basketball correction
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 11, 2004 1:55 PM
In Wednesday's article on Mount Olive College basketball player Victor Young, we incorrectly stated that Young is the first Wayne County native to play in an NCAA Tournament at any level since 1994.
We forgot that the 1997 St. Augustines' College team won the CIAA title and advanced to the NCAA Division II Sweet Sixteen.
That team had former Goldsboro High players Lafonte Moses and Julian Pitt, as well as former Eastern Wayne standouts Keith Hines and Joseph Best. The team was coached by the late Norvell Lee, the former Goldsboro High School coach. Lee's assistant coaches were former Goldsboro High grads Chris Kennedy and Carlos Parks, who also played at North Carolina Central.
We apologize for the error and gladly recognize these athletes and coaches.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series