Rebels fall in Sampson County
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 11, 2004 1:58 PM
HOBBTON -- North Duplin's Brittany Carr and Ronda Jordan had two hits each as the Rebels suffered a 10-5 defeat at Hobbton on Wednesday.
Carr homered and drove in a run, while Jordan doubled and added an RBI.
Carr got the loss in six innings of work on the mound for North Duplin.
North Duplin (0-4) rallied to take a 5-4 lead in the fifth, before the Wildcats plated eight runs in the fifth and sixth to secure the win.
"We are hitting the ball now, but we are so young that we made critical base running mistakes and errors. That's what hurt us," North Duplin coach Heather Best said.
The Rebels will try to bounce back at home on Friday against Union.
North Duplin 002 030 0 -- 5 7 2
Hobbton 020 026 x _ 10 7 3
Leading hitters -- North Duplin -- Brittany Carr 2-4, HR, RBI; Ronda Jordan 2-4, 2B, RBI.
IP H R ER BB SO
Brittany Carr 6 7 10 3 4 2
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series