Tennis team receives first-ever national ranking
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 11, 2004 2:00 PM
MOUNT OLIVE -- Mount Olive earned its first-ever men's tennis national team ranking as the Trojans are ranked in a four-way tie for No. 40 in this week's Intercollegiate Tennis Association Division II Rankings released Wednesday. Mount Olive is also in a three-way tie at No. 10 in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Mount Olive is 4-4 overall and 1-3 in the Carolinas-Virginia Athletics Conference. The Trojans are tied with Barton, Rockhurst and USC-Aiken in the national rankings, and tied with Barton and USC-Aiken in the regional rankings. Two of Mount Olive's losses this season have come against nationally-ranked teams and a third loss was against a Division I opponent. Mount Olive defeated USC-Aiken last week.
Mount Olive returns to action Saturday as the Trojans play host to Limestone in CVAC action. Match time is noon at Walker Tennis Center on the campus of Mount Olive College.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series