Baseball -- Hawks outlast Spring Creek
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 14, 2004 2:01 AM
SEVEN SPRINGS -- Josh Barrett's pinch-hit single in the fifth innings provided the two decisive runs in North Lenoir's 7-5 win over Spring Creek Friday night.
The Hawks scored three runs in the third inning to erase a 2-0 Gators lead.
Spring Creek retook the lead at 4-2 with a pair of runs in the bottom of the fourth before North Lenoir scored four in the top to the fifth to take the lead for good. Spring Creek added one run in the fifth but could not get closer.
North Lenoir's Dustin Bannister got the win on the mound, going five innings, while Marvin Blount closed out Spring Creek with two innings of relief.
Jes Snyder took the loss in relief of Derek Kirby, who took over for starter Josh Lewis.
North Lenoir (3-3) will take on East Duplin Thursday in Beulaville.
North Lenoir 003 040 0 -- 7 8 2
Spring Creek 200 201 0 -- 5 5 7
Leading hitters -- North Lenoir -- Brandon Johnson 2-3, Josh Barrett pinch-hit single. Spring Creek -- Jed Potter 2-3, Randy Amos 2-2, 2 runs scored.
IP H R ER BB SO
Dustin Bannister 5th (W)
Marvin Blount 6th (S)
Derek Kirby 4th
Jes Snyder 5th (L)
Randy Amos 6th
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series