Track -- Warrior boys buried by Bears
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 14, 2004 2:00 AM
Eastern Wayne won one event in Thursday's track meet against New Bern as the Bears topped the Warriors 115-31.
Will Collins brought home the lone victory in the 800 meter run, running a 2:13 time for the win. Collins was second in the 1600 (4:57) and the 3200 (11:05).
Other second-place winners for Eastern Wayne included Brian Sanders in the discus (98-0), Brian Foster in the pole vault (10-6), Chris Campbell in the 110 hurdles (17.42), Mike Lawrence in the 800 (5:07) and Brandon Lewis in the 400 (57.38)
Sean Villanuen was third in the discus (94-3), while Campbell was third in the high jump (5-4), Lawrence was third in the 1600 (5:07), Gene Baker was third in the 400 (1:00) and Matt Interrante was third in the 3200 (11:12). Tyler Sasser was fourth in the pole vault (9-0) and Interrante was fourth in the 1600 (5:21).
Eastern Wayne, who took part in the ECU Pirate Relays on Saturday, will host Goldsboro and Charles B. Aycock on Thursday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series