Soccer -- C.B. Aycock
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 16, 2004 1:56 PM
KINSTON -- Charles B. Aycock's Mary Beth Hooks scored two goals as the Golden Falcons claimed their Class 3-A Eastern Carolina Conference opener in a 4-1 win at Kinston.
Hooks scored two minutes into the contest and early in the second half.
Stephanie Speck and Nicole Taylor added first-half goals as Aycock (4-2, 1-0 ECC 3-A) charged to a 3-0 lead at halftime.
Lizzie Sodoma dished out a pair of assists on the first two goals, while Speck assited on Hook's final goal.
"We had 30 decent shots on net last night. I was really happy with the offensive output and I think that will help us out as we move on into the rest of the conference," Aycock coach John Fiddler said.
Goalkeeper Emily Stewart turned in a solid game, while Angela Cecil and Tara Fenton added stout defensive efforts.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series