MOC men's golf ties for 12th At St. Andrews
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 17, 2004 1:58 PM
Mount Olive finished in a three-way tie for 12th out of 20 teams at the St. Andrews Spring Invitational at Roxfire Golf and Country Club in Pinehurst, N.C. The Trojans shot a two-round total of 328-330--658 to finish in a tie with Lincoln Memorial and Newberry. Barton won the tournament with a 603.
Mount Olive's top finisher was Greg McDermott, who tied for 35th out of 99 golfers with a 78-85--163. Eric Royster and Michael Bradshaw both tied for 42nd, one shot behind McDermott. Royster shot an 82-82-164 and Bradshaw finished with an 85-79-164. Chris Bitzenhofer tied for 55th with an 83-84-167 and Evan Taylor tied for 78th with a 90-89-179.
Mount Olive tied with Lincoln Memorial and Newberry in the team competition. The tournament field was comprised mainly of Division II schools, including six from the Carolinas-Virginia Athletics Conference.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series