Soccer -- Eagles drop Spring Creek
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 18, 2004 1:55 PM
SEVEN SPRINGS -- Erin Thibodeau scored two goals within a 15-minute span, sparking Rosewood past Spring Creek 3-1 in Carolina/Super Six/Eastern Plains 1-A/2-A Conference action Wednesday evening.
Stephanie Behrend picked up assists on Thibodeau's goals and added an unassisted goal of her own.
The Gators' avoided the shutout in the closing minute when Christie Bradshaw scored off Barbara Witherington's assist.
Yoshiro Marrero recorded 10 saves for Spring Creek.
"(We) played a relatively good game with Jamie Lee as a strong anchor (on defense)," Gators coach Michelle Cobb said. "Offensively, (we) will have to control the ball more in the midfield."
Rosewood (3-1) entertains Clinton at 6 p.m. today.
Spring Creek (0-1) is the guest of SouthWest Edgecombe next Tuesday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series