Baseball -- Middle Schools
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 19, 2004 1:57 PM
Brogden 17, Greenwood 0 -- Brogden's Scott Medlin had three hits, including two doubles, while Adam Mitchell, Scott Holloman and Chad Clevens had two hits each. Scott Holloman (3-0) picked up the win for Brogden, who improved to 6-1 overall and 1-1 in conference play. Alex Aldridge paced Greenwood with two hits. The Rams host Eastern Wayne on March 22, while Greenwood hosts Dillard.
Norwayne 14, Grantham 0 -- Norwayne's Will Edgerton, Bryant Hill and Jessie Randolph combined for a no-hitter. Zach Wright had a triple to pace the Cobras at the plate. Norwayne (8-0, 4-0 Division II) plays at Rosewood on Monday.
Rosewood 15, Eastern Wayne 4 -- Rosewood's Taylor Allen had two hits and drove in three runs. Cody Richards picked up the win for the Eagles (7-0, 2-0 Division II). Eight Rosewood players had at least one hit each as the Eagles face Norwayne at home on Monday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series