Soccer -- NL still unbeaten
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 19, 2004 1:56 PM
LAGRANGE -- North Lenoir's Haley Bright scored two goals and added an assist, boosting the Lady Hawks to a 5-0 win at home over East Duplin.
The Panthers handed North Lenoir its only tie early in the season as the Hawks rebounded to bost their mark to 4-0-1 on the year.
Bright opened the scoring on an assist from Katie Maloney as Elizabeth Foye tacked on the second goal on a pass from Bright.
Maloney scored twice before Bright closed the scoring with a penalty-kick goal.
Febe Barraza had eight saves in the shutout behind a solid Hawk defense.
North Lenoir hosts North Johnston on Monday at 5 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series