Softball -- Spring Creek gets first win
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 19, 2004 1:58 PM
CALYPSO -- Spring Creek's Troia Morgan finished with three hits as the Gators rallied to pick up their first win of the season in a 7-6 road-triumph over North Duplin on Thursday.
Spring Creek trailed trailed most of the game before posting a four-run seventh inning to go up 7-4. North Duplin scored twice in the bottom of the seventh as the Gators (1-6, 1-2 Carolina 1-A) held on.
The Gators' Lorenda Brogden picked up the win, while Casey Pate got the loss for North Duplin.
The Rebels were led at the plate by Brittany Carr and Rhonda Jordan, who had two hits each.
Yolanda Lawson added two hits for the Gators.
Spring Creek hosts Princeton today, while North Duplin entertains North Johnston.
Spring Creek 010 020 4 -- 7
North Duplin 102 100 2 -- 6
Leading hitters -- Spring Creek -- Troia Morgan 3-4; Yolanda Lawson 2-4. North Duplin -- Brittany Carr 2-5; Ronda Jordan 2-4, RBI.
WP -- Lorenda Brogden. LP -- Casey Pate.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series