Published in Sports on March 22, 2004 1:55 PM
MOC Sports Information
HARRISONBURG, Va. -- The Mount Olive College men's volleyball team dropped its first three matches, but rebounded to post a 2-3 record in a weekend tournament contested at James Madison University.
The Trojans fell 17-25, 25-21, 15-6 to the University of Virginia in their opening-round match. They fell to host JMU by a 25-18, 25-23 count and then lost a three-set match against in-state rival Duke 19-25, 25-20, 15-10.
Mount Olive bounced back to defeat Virginia Tech 25-20, 24-26, 15-13 and then closed out the tournament with a 25-16, 25-22 victory against North Carolina.
Men's volleyball is a club sport at Mount Olive this year and will gain varsity status in 2004-05.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series