Soccer -- CBA falls at home
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 23, 2004 1:59 PM
PIKEVILLE -- West Carteret knocked in the lone goal on the game off of a corner kick at the 30 minute mark of the first half as C.B. Aycock fell 1-0 at home to the Patriots.
West Carteret remained unbeaten on the season at 5-0 overall and 2-0 in the Class 3-A Eastern Carolina Conference.
The Golden Falcons were outshot 14-8 on the game, and Aycock goalkeeper Emily Stewart had 14 saves on the game.
Aycock (5-3, 2-1 ECC) missed a golden opportunity to score on a penalty kick in the second half.
"We've got to find a way to generate a little more offense. We had a couple of nice runs, but we just didn't finish," Aycock coach John Fiddler said.
Angela Cecil and Paige Stewart were applauded for solid defensive games for the Falcons, who host West Craven on March 29.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series