Soccer -- NL still unbeaten
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 23, 2004 1:59 PM
LAGRANGE -- North Lenoir's Elizabeth Foye scored two goals as the Hawks continued their hot start to the season with a 5-1 win at home over North Johnston.
The win improves North Lenoir to 5-0-1 overall and 1-0 in the Class 2-A Eastern Plains/Classes 1-A Carolina/Super-Six Conference. The Panthers (3-6 overall) dropped to 1-2 in conference play.
The Hawks, who outshot their opponent 10-7, led at halftime 3-1 on goals by Foye, Janet Ellison and Haley Bright.
Stefanie Jones tallied the Panthers lone goal, scoring in the 18th minute of the first half.
Foye and Katie Maloney tacked on second-half goals.
Allison Hinnant had three saves in the loss for North Johnston, who hosts Rosewood in its first home match of the season on Wednesday. North Lenoir hosts Tarboro on Wednesday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series