Soccer -- Pam Pack blanks EW
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 23, 2004 1:59 PM
WASHINGTON -- Washington's Sarah Allen scored the contest's only goal as the Pam Pack escaped with a 1-0 win at home over Eastern Wayne on Monday.
Allen scored the goal 24 minutes in after finishing a loose ball just outside the penalty box.
The Warriors, who were outshot 18-5, never answered the goal as they dropped to 2-3 overall and 2-1 in Class 3-A Eastern Carolina Conference play.
"With the game mostly being played in the midfield area, we were unable to mount a sustained attack," Eastern Wayne coach Jorg Wagner said. " After the goal, we did not answer the wake up call right away and paid the price in the end."
The Warriors look to bounce back on Wednesday at West Carteret.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series