Golf -- CBA takes ECC match
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 24, 2004 1:57 PM
KINSTON -- Jonathan Burke turned in an 18-hole round of 74, leading leading Charles B. Aycock to a first-place finish in Class 3-A Eastern Carolina Conference play Tuesday at Falling Creek.
Southern Wayne's Morgan Hill grabbed medalist honors with a 1-over par 73.
Dustin Smith and Ryan Campbell complemented Burke's effort with identical rounds of 79. Teammate Will Vinson contributed an 81 as the Golden Falcons edged runner-up West Carteret 313-318 for team supremacy. Ryan Holler led the Patriots with a 74, one stroke behind Hill.
Ryan Dunn paced Eastern Wayne's third-place finish at 325 with an 18-hole round of 79. Robert Garris fired an 81, followed by Lance Ramsey (82) and Miles Perry (83).
Southern Wayne, sparked by Hill's medal-winning effort, ended up fourth overall at 335. Dustin Garnale chipped in with an 83, followed by Owen Benton (86) and Kenny Grady (93).
Washington finished fifth in the eight-team meet with a 337. Kinston was sixth at 353, followed by South Central (355) and West Craven (387).
All eight teams return to action next Monday at Lane Tree.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series