Softball -- CBA pounds West Craven
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 24, 2004 2:03 PM
PIKEVILLE -- Charles B. Aycock got a balanced offensive performance and maintained its unblemished record with a convincing, 18-0 win at home over West Craven on Tuesday.
The Falcons improved to 6-0 overall and 3-0 in the Class 3-A Eastern Carolina Conference.
Jenny Jackson also improved to 6-0 on the mound for Aycock, striking out eight in four innings and yielding only one hit. Brittani Edgerton tossed one inning of shutout work to close out the win.
Jackson paced the Falcons at the plate with two hits, including a double and an RBI. Jackie Schmidt added a three-run home run, while April Vick drove in two runs.
Jennifer Williamson and Jasmine Dobbin each tripled as Dobbin drove in a run.
Aycock matches up with Class 2-A North Lenoir on Thursday at home in a non-conference battle of unbeatens and perennial eastern powerhouses.
West Craven 000 00x x -- 0
C.B. Aycock 560 7xx x -- 18
Leading hitters -- C.B. Aycock -- Jenny Jackson 2-2, 2 runs, RBI, 2B; April Vick 2 RBI; Jennifer Williamson 1-1, 3B; Jasmine Dobbin 3B, RBI; Jackie Schmidt HR, 3 RBI.
IP H R ER BB SO
Jenny Jackson (W, 6-0) 4 1 0 0 0 8
Brittani Edgerton 1 2 0 0 0 1
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series