Softball -- Greene Central
By David Williams
Published in Sports on March 24, 2004 2:04 PM
LITTLEFIELD -- Ayden-Grifton's India Robinson went the distance on the mound, allowing only two hits while walking a pair to lead the Chargers to a 7-2 victory over Greene Central in softball action Tuesday.
Robinson seemed to get stronger as the game went on, striking out six in her last three innings of work. For Charger coach Alvin Frazier, the young right-hander compliments Jayme Beacham well on the mound.
Beacham did her damage at the plate against the Rams on Tuesday. Beacham, along with center fielder Mindy Tripp finished 3-for-3 to lead the Chargers.
Leading 3-2, the Chargers broke the game open in the fourth when Tripp doubled. The next batter, Robinson, singled to score Tripp. Robinson scored a little later on a bunt to make it 5-2. Ayden-Grifton added two more the next inning on an RBI single by Tripp and a passed ball that allowed Beacham to score.
Ayden-Grifton returns to action Friday, traveling to North Duplin at 4:30 p.m.
The Daily Reflector
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series