Tennis -- CBA unbeaten in ECC
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 24, 2004 1:58 PM
Charles B. Aycock remained unbeaten in Class 3-A Eastern Carolina Conference play with an 8-1 victory against Eastern Wayne on the Wayne Community College courts Tuesday afternoon.
The Golden Falcons seized straight-set wins in five of six singles matches.
The Warriors' Andrew Smith rallied for an 0-6, 6-4, 7-5 win against Aycock's David Dodson at No. 4 singles.
C.B. Aycock swept the doubles.
"We are starting to play more consistent tennis," Aycock coach Luke Vail said. "Hopefully today's win will build confidence."
The Golden Falcons (4-1) entertain Southern Nash at 4 p.m. today.
C.B. Aycock 8, Eastern Wayne 1
Singles -- No. 1 Danny Fairchild (CBA) d. Alex Bryant 6-1, 6-2; No. 2 Brandon Howard (CBA) d. Ben Ziccardi 6-1, 6-0; No. 3 Sean Kelly (CBA) d. James Arceneaux 6-2, 6-2; No. 4 Andrew Smith (EW) d. David Dodson 0-6, 6-4, 7-5; No. 5 David Williams (CBA) d. John King 6-2, 6-2; No. 6 John Ball (CBA) d. Chris Musser 6-0, 6-0.
Doubles -- No. 1 Fairchild-Howard (CBA) d. Bryant-King 8-2; No. 2 Kelly-Williams (CBA) d. Ziccardi-Arceneaux 8-2; No. 3 Rich Holder-Dustin Burnette (CBA) d. Smith-Musser 8-2.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series