Tennis -- WCDS knocks off Warriors
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 24, 2004 2:01 PM
Wayne Country Day's doubles of David Wilson-Chad Roberson and Ross Wilson-Alex Proimos each prevailed in tiebreaking fashion in a 5-4 decision against Eastern Wayne.
The two teams were tied at 8-8 and each claimed the tiebreaker 7-5.
Ross and David Wilson and Proimos each took a singles match.
Eastern Wayne got singles wins from James Arceneaux, Andrew Smith and John King. Smith and Chris Musser combined for a win at No. 3 doubles.
WCDS 5, Eastern Wayne 4
Singles -- No. 1 Ross Wilson (WCDS) d. Alex Bryant 8-4; No. 2 David Wilson (WCDS) d. Ben Ziccardi 8-4; No. 3 James Arceneux (EW) d. George Mayo 8-0; No. 4 Andrew Smith (EW) d. Chad Roberson 8-2; No. 5 John King (EW) d. Byron Bryan 8-2; Alex Proimos (WCDS) d. Phillip Bunn 8-0.
Doubles -- No. 1 D. Wilson-Roberson (WCDS) d. Bryant-King 9-8 (5); No. 2 R. Wilson-Proimos (WCDS) d. Arceneaux-Ziccardi 9-8 (5); No. 3 Smith-Chris Musser (EW) d. Srikantha-Brock 8-1.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series