Golf -- Princeton's Woodard medals
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 25, 2004 1:56 PM
AYDEN -- Princeton's Scott Woodard fired a 37 and claimed medalist honors in a Class 1-A Carolina Conference golf match at Ayden Country Club on Wednesday.
The host, Ayden-Grifton, finished 13 strokes in front of second-place Rosewood to claim the win. The Chargers finished at 156 paced by Cameron Taylor's 38.
The Eagles got a 40 from Joey Wagner and a 42 from Mitchel Ham as they finished with a team score of 169.
Spring Creek (171) was led by Stephen Warren's 41 and Billy Ham's 42 and finished third. Followed by Farmville Central (180), Princeton took fifth with a team score of 185 and was paced by Woodard's 37 and Addison Gainey's 48.
North Johnston (189) and North Duplin (205) rounded out the team scoring with the Panthers' Dustin Philyaw shooting a 45 and the Rebels' Josh Bell firing a 44.
Farmville Central hosts the next Carolina meet at 4 p.m. on March 29 at the Farmville Country Club.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series