Soccer -- NL stays hot
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 25, 2004 1:58 PM
LAGRANGE -- North Lenoir's Katie Maloney tallied a hat-trick (three goals) and dished out an assist to help guide the unbeaten-Hawks to an 8-0 win at home over Tarboro in Class 2-A Eastern Plains/Classes 1-A Carolina/Super-Six Conference play.
The win improves North Lenoir to 6-0-1 overall and 2-0 in conference as it travels to also conference-unbeaten Rosewood on Monday at Branch Pope Field.
Haley Bright, Maloney and Rachel Sasser all got on the board for North Lenoir to send the Hawks into a 3-0 lead at halftime.
In the second half, Maloney and Elizabeth Foye scored on back-to-back assists by Bright, before Maloney finished her hat-trick at the 17-minute mark on a direct kick.
Haley Johnson capped the scoring with two minutes left on a pass from Maloney.
Hawk goalie Febe Baraza faced no shots in the shutout as the defense held strong against the Vikings.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series