Baseball -- Chargers' Ford drives home game-winning run
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 26, 2004 1:57 PM
Ryan Ford delivered the game-winning RBI as Wayne Country Day rallied past Northwood Temple 4-3 in a non-conference game Thursday afternoon.
Tied at 3-3 in the seventh, the Northwood pitcher hit John Bridgers. Sam Steed reached safely on an error and then perfectly executed the double steal along with Bridgers.
Ford plated Bridgers with a double to center field.
Steed, Ford and Shivar Person each had two hits for the Chargers. Ben Strickland provided an RBI.
Kevin Logan picked up the mound win in relief, striking out one and walking one in a one-inning stint. Kevin Herring collected 11 strikeouts and scattered seven hits in six innings of work.
Wayne Country Day (1-2) faces Kerr-Vance Academy at 5 p.m. today at the Eastern Carolina Athletic Park.
NW Temple 200 100 0 -- 3 8 2
W. Country Day 020 100 1 -- 4 9 0
Leading hitters -- Wayne Country Day -- Sam Steed 2 hits, RBI; Ryan Ford 2 hits, 2B, RBI; Shivar Person 2 hits; Ben Strickland RBI.
IP H R ER BB SO
Walston (L) 7 8 4 2 1 2
Wayne Country Day
Herring 6 7 3 1 2 11
Logan (W) 1 1 0 0 1 1
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series