Tennis -- Eastern Wayne loses to Kinston
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 26, 2004 1:55 PM
KINSTON -- Phillip Bunn prevailed at No. 6 singles, while teammates James Arceneaux-Ben Ziccardi triumphed at No. 2 doubles in a 7-2 loss at Eastern Carolina 3-A foe Kinston on Thursday.
Bunn dropped just one game in a 6-1, 6-0 pasting of the Vikings' Tyler Rose.
Arceneaux-Ziccardi outlasted Jonathan Bowen-Chris Mills 9-7.
Kinston is the two-time defending ECC champion.
Kinston 7, Eastern Wayne 2
Singles -- No. 1 James Walker (K) d. Alex Bryant 6-0, 6-0; No. 2 Jamisan Smith (K) d. Ben Ziccardi 6-1, 6-2; No. 3 Jonathan Bowen (K) d. James Arceneaux 6-0, 6-1; No. 4 Josh Anderson (K) d. John King 6-1, 6-0; No. 5 Chris Mills (K) d. Chris Musser 6-1, 6-3; No. 6 Phillip Bunn (EW) d. Tyler Rose 6-1, 6-0.
Doubles -- No. 1 Walker-Smith (K) d. Bryant-King 8-1; No. 2 Arceneaux-Ziccardi (EW) d. Bowen-Mills 9-7; No. 3 Anderson-Rose (K) d. Musser-Bunn 8-0.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series