Tennis -- WCDS netters stumble in CPIC
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 26, 2004 1:56 PM
ROCKY MOUNT -- Host Faith Christian School swept the doubles en route to a 6-3 decision against Wayne Country Day in a Coastal Plains Independent 1-A Conference match Thursday.
The teams were tied 3-3 after singles.
The Chargers's David Wilson and Chad Roberson, seeded Nos. 2 and 3 respectively, recovered from opening-set losses to post singles wins. Teammate Byron Bryan, the No. 6 seed, dumped Andrew Cunningham in straight sets.
Faith Christian-RM 6,
Wayne Country Day 3
Singles -- No. 1 Stephen Lamm (FC) d. Ross Wilson 6-4, 3-6, 6-2; No. 2 David Wilson (WCDS) d. Andrew Figlewski 3-6, 6-0, 6-2; No. 3 Chad Roberson (WCDS) d. Mark Muller 1-6, 6-3, 6-3; No. 4 Ben Spain (FC) d. Alex Proimos 7-5, 6-4; No. 5 Andrew Langley (FC) d. Luxman Srikamtha 6-3, 6-0; No. 6 Byron Bryan (WCDS) d. Andrew Cunningham 7-5, 6-1.
Doubles -- No. 1 Miller-Spain (FC) d. D. Wilson-Roberson 8-4; No. 2 Lamm-Figlewski (FC) d. R. Wilson-Proimos 9-7; No. 3 Langley-Elliott Overman (FC) d. Bryan-Srikamtha 8-6.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series