A-G's Beacham no-hits Rebels
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on March 28, 2004 2:03 AM
CALYPSO -- Jayme Beacham tossed a no-hit shutout as Ayden-Grifton downed North Duplin 10-0 in a Class 1-A Carolina Conference softball game Friday.
The contest was called after five innings under the mercy rule.
The Chargers (7-1, 3-0 CC) got all they needed in the first, scoring twice. Jessica McLawhorn walked, stole second and took third on a passed ball, scoring when Beacham reached on an error. Beacham stole second, moved to third on an error and scored on a passed ball.
Beacham, in going the distance, struck out nine and walked none.
Ayden-Grifton plays host to Spring Creek on Tuesday, while North Duplin hosts Farmville Central.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series