Briscoe takes 300 hurdles, 200 for NJ
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on March 28, 2004 2:01 AM
KENLY -- North Johnston's Adrian Briscoe claimed the 300 hurdles and 200 dash in a Carolina 1-A Conference meet contested at Ben E. Strifert Stadium on the Panthers' campus Thursday afternoon.
However, traditional league power Farmville Central emerged the team leader with 90 points once the meet had concluded. The Panthers picked up 66 points, while North Duplin was third with 40.
Lawrence Mangaro (pole vault) and Casey Hughes (400 run) each earned an individual win for the Panthers.
North Duplin senior Juan Quintanilla ran the 100 dash in 12.1 seconds.
Farmville Central received personal bests from Torrey Prayer (52 feet, 11 inches) in the shot put and Joey Santopolo in the mile run (4 minutes, 58 seconds).
The Jaguars (5-2, 2-0 CC) entertain Spring Creek and county rival Ayden-Grifton next Monday afternoon.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series