Hawks rebound, pound Havelock
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on March 28, 2004 2:03 AM
LAGRANGE -- North Lenoir rebounded from a tough loss at Charles B. Aycock by getting hot bats in the late innings to beat Havelock 9-3 Friday night.
The Lady Hawks (9-1) scored four runs in the fifth to take the lead for good, then added three more insurance runs in the sixth. Randi Moulton and Hermia Humphrey went 2-for-4 in the game, while Morgan Worthington belted a double and struck out six for the complete-game win.
North Lenoir takes on Wilson Beddingfield on Wednesday in Wilson before starting conference play on Friday night at home against South Lenoir.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series