Jones duo leads Gators
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on March 28, 2004 2:01 AM
PRINCETON -- McKenzie Jones and Clayton Jones combined for six individual wins and helped Spring Creek cruise past the opposition in a three-team boys meet Thursday at the Fred Bartholomew Athletic Complex.
McKenzie finished first in the 100, 200, 400 and long jumps for the Gators, who piled up 114 points. Clayton added the top time in the 110 hurdles and a 116-6 effort in the discus.
The host Bulldogs finished second with 43 points, followed by Wayne Country Day with two.
Overall, eight Spring Creek individuals -- Lelo Burt (high jump), Jose Guijarro (shot put), Eric Walters (1,600), Donte Edwards (triple jump), Elliott Hicks (800) and Darinn Straub (3,200) -- returned home with first-place honors on a warm and sunny afternoon.
Spring Creek also prevailed in the 400, 1,600 and 3,200 relays.
Princeton won the girls meet with 87 points.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series