Mobley shuts down Saints
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on March 28, 2004 2:06 AM
DUDLEY -- Washington's Aaron Mobley pitched seven innings, giving up just one run on five hits as the Pam Pack emerged with a 5-1 win at Southern Wayne on Friday.
Washington's Landon Moblin supplied a big, three-run home run in the top of the second to put his team up 4-1.
Southern Wayne was led by Nathan Fail's two hits and Chris Pearsall, who drove in the only Saint run with a single in the bottom of the first.
Trent Whitehead and Billy Moore had two hits each for the Pam Pack.
Matthew Holloman picked up the loss for the Saints in six innings of work.
The Saints (2-6, 0-5) look to rebound on Tuesday at home against rival Eastern Wayne at 7 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series