Rams sweep EPC home meet
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on March 28, 2004 2:01 AM
SNOW HILL -- Greene Central's boys and girls track teams remained unbeaten in five meets after sweeping Eastern Plains 2-A opponents North Lenoir and North Pitt on Thursday afternoon.
Sprinter Tyvonne Johnson won three track events and emerged the long jump champion (21 feet, 1 inch) as the Rams collected 91.5 points in the boys' portion of the meet.
The Hawks took second with 57 points, while the Panthers picked up 22.5 points.
Olisa Thaggard won the triple and long jumps, and participatedon the two winning relay teams as the Rams dominated the girls meet. Greene Central piled up 105 points, compared to North Lenoir (39) and North Pitt (19).
Greene Central is scheduled to run again next Monday at North Lenoir.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series