Rosewood track dominates Ayden-Grifton
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on March 28, 2004 2:02 AM
LITTLEFIELD -- Rosewood claimed first-place finishes in 16 of 17 contested events and dominated Ayden-Grifton 126-16 in a Carolina 1-A Conference boys meet Thursday afternoon.
James Reusch, Bryce Havenook and Michael Spriggs each had a pair of wins for the Eagles. Reusch won the high jump (5-2) and 300 hurdles (45.21) while Havenook, a long-distance runner, captured the 1,600 (5:40) and 3,200 runs (12:33).
Spriggs took the shot put (42-6) and discus (119-6).
Rosewood swept the relays.
Sequoia Cox and Christy Skonrowski each emerged a triple winner on the girls side as the Eagles squeezed past the Chargers 50-42. The two teams did not run any relays and Ayden-Grifton did not have any competitors in the pole vault, where Rosewood received all nine points for the top-three place finishers.
Cox claimed the discus (66-10), 100 meters (14.12 seconds) and 200 meters (34.92).
Skowronski won the 800, 1,600 and 3,200 runs.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series