Spring Creek falls to Farmville
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on March 28, 2004 2:04 AM
FARMVILLE -- Farmville Central overcame five fielding errors to top Spring Creek 5-2 in softball action Friday night.
Margo Brady earned the win for the Jaguars, pitching four scoreless innings, while striking out three. Brady did not allow a hit.
Nicole Hamill, Jessica Joyner and Brady each had two hits to lead the Jaguars at the plate.
Lorenda Brogden picked up the loss for the Gators, who travel to Ayden-Grifton on Tuesday.
Farmville Central (3-1, 2-1) plays at North Duplin Tuesday at 4:30 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series