West Carteret shocks Aycock baseball
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on March 28, 2004 2:05 AM
MOREHEAD CITY -- Trailing 6-3, West Carteret posted a four-run rally in the bottom of the seventh inning and came back to edge Charles B. Aycock 7-6 on Friday.
The Patriots (8-1) improved to 4-1 in the Class 3-A Eastern Carolina Conference with the win. Aycock (5-3) fell to 3-2 in conference play heading into Tuesday's tilt at home with South Central.
Aycock's Bennett Jeffreys had a game-high three hits and drove in two runs, while Nik Pappas added two hits, including a double and an RBI.
Clayton Pittman and Bruce Johnson had two hits each for the Patriots. Lonnie Chisenhall picked up the win in relief for West Carteret.
Phillip Cunningham, relieiving Aycock starter Adam Williams in the seventh, got the loss.
Williams struck out seven and walked two, yielding just one earned run in 6 1/3 innings of work.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series