Baseball -- Render throws one-hitter for Rosewood
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 31, 2004 1:57 PM
KENLY -- Rosewood evened its Class 1-A Carolina Conference worksheet at 2-2 with a 10-0 victory against North Johnston. Officials halted the contest after five innings because of the 10-run mercy rule.
Micheal Render struck out 10 and yielded one hit in a complete-game performance. He also provided two hits and two RBI for the Eagles, who climbed to 4-4 overall.
Justin Allen added two hits and two RBI. Taylor Carr doubled and drove in a run.
Rosewood entertains North Duplin on Thursday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series