Softball -- Rebels fall to Farmville Central
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 31, 2004 2:01 PM
FARMVILLE -- Marlyn Ball banged out a pair of hits as North Duplin dropped a 9-0 decision to Carolina 1-A Conference foe Farmville Central on Tuesday.
Jaguars pitcher Margo Brady limited the Rebels to one hit and struck out five in four innings. Two Jaguar relievers combined for one hit in the final three innings.
Farmville Central collected 15 hits in the game.
"Farmville hit the ball hard and had good placement. We didn't," North Duplin coach Heather Best said. "We've got to learn to be more aggressive offensively and watching Farmville Central hit I think helped us really see how to hit.
"This was by far the most-talented hitting team we've faced."
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series