Baseball -- NL's Buck blanks Bruins
By Gabe Whisnant
Published in Sports on April 1, 2004 1:56 PM
LAGRANGE -- North Lenoir's Marvin Buck tossed a complete game, striking out eight in a 6-0 win at home over Wilson Beddingfield in non-conference action on Wednesday.
North Lenoir will take a 7-6 overall record into its Class 2-A Eastern Plains Conference opener on Friday at South Lenoir.
The Hawks, who exploded for three runs in the first inning, got a three-hit, two-RBI effort from Josh Williams, while Brandon Sutton had two hits and an RBI.
Beddingfield 000 000 0 -- 0 4 4
North Lenoir 301 011 x -- 6 7 2
Leading hitters -- Beddingfield -- Chris Jones 2-3. North Lenoir -- Josh Williams 3-3, 2 runs; Brandon Sutton 2-3, RBI, run.
WP -- Marvin Buck. LP -- Phillip Johnson.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series