Soccer -- CBA posts fifth shutout
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 1, 2004 1:57 PM
WINTERVILLE -- Charles B. Aycock's Jessy Lamb scored two goals late in the first half to cap a four-goal half for the Golden Falcons in a 6-0 win at South Central on Wednesday.
Mary Beth Hooks and Anem Waheed added first half goals with Christie Milleson and Nida Waheed dishing out assists.
In the second half, Milleson and Lizzie Sodoma scored with Angela Cecil assisting on Milleson's goal.
Aycock goalie Emily Stewart faced no shots on goal as Tara Fenton and Cecil anchored the defense in the Golden Falcons' fifth shutout.
The win improved Aycock (7-3 overall) to 4-1 in the Class 3-A Eastern Carolina Conference heading into Monday's showdown at home with Eastern Wayne. Falcon coach John Fiddler is pleased that his team produced six goals against a scrappy, South Central team in preparation for next week.
"I think we get a lot of time to try different combinations. We are moving people around to different positions and look at different people in different places," Fiddler said. "Our problem all year has been finishing. They were a good physical team that gave us a chance to work on our offense."
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series