Tennis -- WCDS falls to Kerr-Vance
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 1, 2004 1:55 PM
Wayne Country Day's George Mayo defeated Kerr-Vance's John Falkner in number six singles, but the Chargers fell 8-1 at Wayne Community College on Wednesday in a Coastal Plains Independent 1-A Conference tilt.
Wayne Country Day (1-2) takes on TEACH on Saturday.
Kerr-Vance 8, WCDS 1
Singles -- No. 1 Eldrian Seiferlein (KV) d. Ross Wilson 6-0, 6-0; No. 2 T.C. Qualls (KV) d. David Wilson 6-0, 6-2; No. 3 Colbey Strickland (KV) d. Chad Roberson 6-1, 6-1; No. 4 Jason Spain (KV) d. Alex Proimos 6-2, 6-3; No. 5 Cameron Falkner (KV) d. Byron Bryan 6-2, 6-2; No. 6 George Mayo (WCDS) d. John Falkner 6-0, 6-2.
Doubles -- No. 1 Seiferlein-Strickland (KV) d. R. Wilson-D. Wilson 8-0; No. 2 Qualls-C. Falkner (KV) d. Proimos-Bryan 8-2; No. 3 Spain-J. Falkner (KV) d. Roberson-Srikantha 8-1.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series