Soccer -- Eagles too much for Tarboro
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 2, 2004 1:56 PM
Erin Thibodeau and Stephanie Behrend combined for seven goals in Rosewood's 9-0 thrashing of Tarboro in a Carolina/Super Six/EPC match Thursday at Branch Pope Field.
The Eagles, tied for 10th in this week's N.C. Soccer Coaches Association 1-A/2-A poll, owned a decisive six-goal lead at halftime. They improved to 9-2 overall and 5-1 in the conference.
Behrend also dished out four assists.
"Stephanie has been distributing the ball well the past few games," Eagles assistant Brian Brewer said. "Her field vision and ability to get the ball into the middle of the field has been instrumental to our scoring attack.
"Her unselfish play and willingness to pass has helped us tremendously."
Kandis Weeks and Amber Kriger each contributed a goal.
Thibodeau, Mikayla Young, Tiffany Price and Clare Narron each recorded an assist.
Rosewood entertains county rival Spring Creek next Wednesday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series