Golf -- Woodard medals for Princeton
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 6, 2004 1:56 PM
KENLY -- Princeton's Scott Woodard fired a 37 to take medalist honors in a Class 1-A Carolina Confernce match at The Cardinal Country Club on Monday.
Ayden-Grifton finished first in the team scoring with a 170.
Spring Creek took second with a 175 paced by Brandon Payson and Stephen Warren, who each fired a 43.
Rosewood finished third with 176 as Blake Blanton shot 43 and Mitchel Ham and Shane Ogburn's 44 each.
Princeton's 181 was good for fourth place as Woodard was helped by Addison Gainey's 42.
North Johnston (189) and Farmville Central (189) tied for fifth, while North Duplin (209) rounded out the team scoring.
Josh Bell paced the Rebels with a 47.
The next Carolina match will be April 19 at Southern Wayne Country Club.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series