Softball -- NJ claims non-conference win
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 6, 2004 1:56 PM
KENLY -- North Johnston's Amanda Pope and Hannah Ellis delivered two hits each as the Panthers claimed a 4-1 win at home in non-conference action over Wilson Hunt on Monday.
North Johnston, currently ranked third in the ihigh.com coaches and media softball poll, improved to 12-1 overall on the season.
Pope, Ashley Tart and Janna Rogerson all provided RBI during the fourth, fifth and sixth innings that saw the Panthers erase a 1-0 deficit to take a 4-1 lead.
North Johnston hurler Candace Evans (9-0) picked up the win in relief, striking out four and yielding just one hit.
The Panthers take a 5-0 record in the Class 1-A Carolina Conference into today's game at Spring Creek.
Hunt 010 000 0 -- 1 4 4
NJHS 000 121 0 -- 4 6 2
Leading hitters -- Hunt -- A. Miller 1-2, 3B, RBI; NJHS -- Amanda Pope 2-3, 2B, RBI; Hannah Ellis 2-3.
WP -- Candace Evans (9-0). LP -- B. Farmer.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series