Golf -- Gators earn non-league win
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 7, 2004 1:55 PM
CLINTON -- Stephen Warren earned medalist honors with an 18-hole round of 75 as Spring Creek defeated Lakewood 323-426 in a non-conference match Tuesday afternoon at Lakewood Country Club.
Billy Hamm complemented Warren's effort with a 79. Teammates Pat Wilkins and Ryan Fields added rounds of 82 and 87, respectively.
Robert Smith paced the Leopards with a 94.
Spring Creek improved to 30-10-1.
ECC 3-A lead
WASHINGTON -- West Carteret recorded a four-player total of 327 and claimed top honors in an Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference match Monday at the Washington Yacht and Country Club.
The Patriots beat runners-up Charles B. Aycock and Southern Wayne by 13 strokes in the eight-team meet. West Carteret leads the Golden Falcons by 21 strokes overall heading into an April 20 meet at the Southern Wayne Country Club.
Washington (351), Eastern Wayne (358), South Central (360) and Kinston (389) rounded out the scores.
Individual scores were not available.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series